Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday


 We celebrate another wonderful addition to the esteemed CrossFit Chicago Member of the Month club.  For the month of August, we honor Rachel B aka Rae Rae from CrossFit Chicago West Loop.  Rae Rae has been CrossFitting for only 6 months and has entrenched herself as one of the greatest assets to the CrossFit Chicago West Loop community.  Not only was she one of the first at CrossFit Chicago West Loop to do a kipping pull-up, but she's also the first person to introduce herself to new members.  We are very thankful to have someone like Rae Rae in our community and we encourage you to listen to her story below.  She discusses community, benefits of paleo, incorporating CrossFit into her life and what is beautiful.  When you see Rae Rae, give her a big CrossFit Chicago congratulations as she's earned being our August Member of the Month.


Friday

Squat 5 - 5 - 5+  (58.5%/67.5%/76.5%)
Remember stick to the numbers and record your progress

For Time
3 Rds.
10 Toes To Bar
10 Front Squats
10 Pull Ups
 For the Front Squats use 45 % to 55 % of your one rep max back squat

post wod=  3 x 10 back extensions and 3 min plank hold partition as needed

Congrats Rachel, for me personally this is why i love coaching.  Its not the workouts its the people that band together to better themselves.  So i thank you for being there from the ground up at the west loop and helping to build the west loop community to what it has become today.  Congratulations!

7 comments:

  1. good 6AM crew this morning!
    BS: 125-145-165(6)

    metcon: 4:34 @ 95# (45% 1RM back squat)...coulda gone heavier in the FS as all sets were unbroken. yet, the TTBs and pullups were broken because my hands are absolutely destroyed. I have been trying to learn how to do butterfly pullups all week, and on that note, has anyone else noticed that when learning to butterfly, your kip goes to shit?
    at times, i felt like a fish out of water on my kipping pullups in the WOD.

    post: 3 min of planks - 3 x 0:40, 1x1min
    no back ext, rather 3x7 GHR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Rae Rae! Sorry I missed you guys again this morning. I have been getting my WODs in at TopGun Crossfit in MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bench press - 225x5, 225x2 (fail), 205x5, 205x5. Fixing my form to get past a wall that I’ve hit, but I have to go down in weight for now. A little frustrating.

    Back squats - 130x5, 150x5, 175x6

    WOD: 4:45. Kips on TTB were good on rounds 1 and 2, but could do it in round 3. Front squats were good throughout. Pull ups actually started to fall apart last round. I think my kipping method needs work and isn’t very efficient for how many dead hang and weighted pull ups I can do.

    Post
    3x10 back extensions
    3 min plank hold unbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back Squats: 140x5, 165x5, 185x5

    WOD: 6:34 @ 115. Pull-ups were not bad, I've greatly reduced the strength of my bands so that's good. Front squats were in good form but had to break my set in the last round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did this on saturday (today)

    squat 140, 175, 195 x 8

    metcon 6:38
    toes to chest-sih
    95# front squat
    black band pullups

    3x10 back ext
    4 x 30 sec plank
    3x 20 sec plank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Rae! Thanks for introducing me to Crossfit today! I had a blast and totally have to hand it to you...great workout and so tough!

    ReplyDelete