Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lets Get Upside Down!

Joe getting to full extension

Today we work a skill that everyone at one time or another has been a little or a lot apprehensive about. Some of us are a little scared of doing handstands let alone a handstand push-up. How do we conquer that fear? We practice. So today we are going to work on our free-standing handstands. Then we are gonna get a little competitive on the rower.

Tuesday
Spend 15 min working on Handstands ( Free standing, press into a hand stand, anything and everything that has to do with a handstand)

Then
Split into groups of three. Row a 3k for time.
each person is only allowed to row 200 m at a time and may not row them back to back


notes=
If you have missed Mondays workout you will make it up on Tuesday.
Also, tomorrows post will contain every detail for next weeks challenge. Sign up sheets will be in the box on Wednesday night for times next week.





7 comments:

  1. This all sounds great Derek! Very glad to be a part of the community and to take part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good long warm-up. those "ab-rollers" killed me.

    free-standing handstands are a disaster. need to get comfortable with walking on my hands to keep my balance. good tips eric.

    3K row divided by 3 peeps: really focused on good form and efficiency considering this is high on my "suck list". all splits were between 1:34 and 1:38 for the most part except touched 1:40 on the last 200m i rowed.

    still sore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HS suck, did a few HSPU but those are terrible too. I need to start working on those at home like I did before regionals, I would like to be able to do 7-10 unbroken again.

    2k Row with 1 partner, all splits were below 1:35, I think the lowest I touched was 1:22 or so for a few pulls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did Monday's WOD:

    6:04 on 5 rounds of 7 pull up negatives, 10 - 12# WBs.

    Tabata Squats
    Total of 128
    16, 17, 16, 14, 15, 18, 16, 16

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not exactly fitness related, but...

    You are all invited to be my guests at the Fulton St Collective Open House this Friday night, 7pm to midnight. It's in the same building we work out in. There is free beer and wine, music, and work from over 20 artists and musicians.

    Mention that you are a cross-fitter or ask for me to get in free. For more info go to:
    www.fultonstreetcollective.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I think being upside down is officially a phobia of mine, I do my best to avoid handstands during WODs. Thank you Hugo for helping me get upside down. I can do a cart wheel but not this well, weird...

    Completed the row with Joe and Hugo and our time was 11:04, not bad at all. I realized I should have taken note of my own time but I think my splits were an average of 1:40-1:45.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did Monday's wod today.

    Tabata - Squats: 90

    5 Rounds for time: 8:29
    7 negative pull ups
    10 Wall Balls #8

    I'm finally getting my body to do an actual squat!! Very happy.

    ReplyDelete